Inspired by Dr. Raymond Hakim, the McGill Clinical Innovation Competition (CLIC) aims to inspire members of our Faculty of Medicine community to conceive and develop promising ideas that will have a direct and positive impact on Canadian or global health care.
Now in its third year, there are three prizes on offer:
- The Hakim Family Innovation Prize recognizes ideas, new processes or devices in health care with potential to have a tangible and meaningful impact on the patients entrusted to our care.
- The Marika Zelenka Roy Innovation Prize, launched in partnership with the Montreal General Hospital Foundation, highlights the innovation providing the best solution to an unmet clinical need for the care of a patient and the highest likelihood of success in being translated.
- The MI4 Innovation Prize, sponsored by the McGill Interdisciplinary Initiative in Infection and Immunity, aims to support innovative solutions that focus on infectious and immune threats to human health.
Proposals may be submitted by teams or individuals and should aim to improve health outcomes, health access for patients, or health care efficiency or effectiveness.
Proposed improvements may take different forms, for example:
- Product innovation – devices, diagnostics and technology platforms
- A clinical “1st” – new programs and procedures
- Process innovation – new delivery models
Proposals submitted to the McGill CLIC will be screened, and the finalists will be selected by a panel of independent judges and invited to pitch their ideas.
We are pleased to announce that the McGill Clinical Innovation Competition and Awards Ceremony took place online this year, on May 21, 2020. To watch the video-recording of the event, click here.
Please note that the Steinberg Centre Simnovation Prize is not available this year; however, students, residents and fellows are eligible for all of the other prizes in the McGill Clinical Innovation Competition.
About the Judging Panel
The McGill CLIC panel of judges is comprised of leaders in clinical care, academia, industry, engineering and business. CLIC judges are confirmed annually.