The Medical Grand Rounds take place on Mondays from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. via Zoom.
For the Zoom details, click here.
January 11, 2021
ACUTE & INTENSIVE MANAGEMENT OF SEVERE ADULT ANOREXIA NERVOSA
L. John Hoffer, MD, PhD, FRCPC
Professor of Medicine, McGill University
Division of Internal Medicine and Nutrition Support Team Jewish General Hospital
1. Update recent clinical guidelines and offer clinical pearls regarding in-hospital evaluation and management of life-threatening adult starvation disease
2. Explain why immediate nutritional support is essential, and how to implement it to prevent or mitigate severe starvation-induced hypoglycemia
Contact Person: Rubin Becker, MD, Chief, Division of Internal Medicine, Tel. 514-340-7596.
January 18, 2021
CURRENT AND EMERGING MOLECULAR TECHNOLOGIES FOR SARS-COV-2 RNA DETECTION: DELIVERY IN 20 MINUTES OR YOUR PIZZA IS FREE
Gerasimos Jerry Zaharatos, MD, FRCPC
Chief, Division of Medical Microbiology
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine
OptiLab Montreal - McGill University Health Centre
Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Summarize current and emerging molecular testing methodologies available for the detection of SARS-CoV-2
2. Understand the pre-analytic factors that can impact the sensitivity and specificity of molecular tests for SARS-CoV-2
3. Explain the advantages and limitations of “batch” testing platforms vs random access, point-of-care and sample-to-result molecular devices for detecting SARS-CoV-2
Contact Person: Karl Weiss, MD, Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases, Tel. 514-340-8222 ext. 28294.