We are recruiting volunteers to present at the annual Discovery Day in Health Sciences virtual event on December 1, 2021
JOIN US on December 1st, as a workshop presenter, and/or career panelist at our annual Discovery Day in Health Sciences event hosted virtually, in partnership with the McGill University Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and The Neuro. We welcome participation from faculty, trainees, staff, and students.
The national program aims to educate and inspire grade 9-11 students who are curious about careers in health sciences, medicine, nursing, regulated health professions and more. Youth engagement and outreach are important to Canada’s medicine and health sciences faculties and your willingness to participate is greatly appreciated.
The virtual half-day event comprises a keynote lecture, an interactive workshop, and a career panel discussion. We will be using a virtual event platform called Accelevents that offers video streaming with functions of chat, Q&A and polling (training provided).
Use this online CALL FOR PRESENTERS FORM to volunteer as a:
WORKSHOP PRESENTER (10:00 AM – 11:15 AM)
- Coordinate and lead an interactive and stimulating 75-minute online session.
- Host your session through Accelevents (training provided) or your Zoom.
CAREER PANELLIST (11:30-12:15 PM)
- Up to five (5) panellists are invited to share the story of the evolution of their career as part of a “Health Pros Tell All” panel discussion followed by a Q&A.
BOOTH EXHIBITOR (8:30AM-9:00AM)
- Available all day on Accelevents, booths allow for participants to learn more about the departments and our education programs with logo(s), promotional materials (PDF, Word, videos, photos), and links (website, socials)
- If hosting a staffed booth, exhibitors can host a Zoom meeting to interact with visitors.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: October 24, 2021
These events are very well received by students and are an important part of how they explore their career options. The CMHF will also track and share all student feedback with presenters.
Thank you for your consideration and support of this event.