Category Code: MD-ROQ-IMG
The IMG 2 year program is not open for Spring 2018 admission due to the unavailability of seats. According to the regulations of the Government of Quebec, IMG students are only accepted to the 2-year program if space is available due to attrition in the regular MDCM program. IMG applicants are welcome to apply for Fall 2018 admission to the 4-year MDCM program, see instructions in the right-hand sidebar. IMG 2 year admissions will reopen September 1, 2018 for Spring 2019 program start pending the availability of seats.
To be eligible, applicants must hold a medical degree from an accredited medical school recognized by the World Health Organization, must complete the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Exam (MCCEE), must provide a Medical Student Performance Report or Evaluation ("Dean's Letter") from their medical school, and proof of English or French proficiency. For more details on the program and its requirements, go to M.D.,C.M. for IMG.
The following dates are for the spring 2018 entry and are subject to change without notice. There is no winter or summer intake.
- Application opening date: September 1, 2017
- Application deadline (step 1): November 1, 2017
- Deadline for the receipt of all supporting documents (step 2): November 1, 2017
- Target date for sending preliminary selections: Week of January 26, 2018
- Interview dates: February 20-23, 2018
- Start of program: around the second week of April 2018 (exact date TBD)
Related ► For more important dates, see http://www.mcgill.ca/importantdates/
Key numbers and statistics
- According to the regulations of the Government of Quebec, IMG students are only accepted to the 2-year program if a seat is available due to attrition in the regular MDCM program.
- Anticipated number of seats available for spring 2018: 0 (program admission closed for spring 2018)
- Please see the sidebar on this page for information about applying to the 4-year program as an IMG; these seats are not subject to the same restriction.
The following is presented as reference only. It does not offer any predictive validity:
- Average number of applicants: 20
- Average number of interviewed candidates: 8
- Average number of points above passing grade of MCCEE score of candidates invited to interview: 50
- *The interview dates presented are shared with other Québec residents, Canadian (non-QC) residents and international applicants.
- It is recommended that applicants submit MCCEE scores by the November 1 application deadline, however test scores for the September sitting of the examination will be accepted until the middle of November.
- Some candidates may have acquired an Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec report from Immigration et communautés culturelles du Québec. Candidates who have this evaluation are welcome to submit the documentation, but it is not necessary.
- Applications submitted in this category are only considered for the given year and cannot be extended for additional years.
- IMG applicants are not eligible to apply to the joint MDCM-PhD and MDCM-MBA programs.