Werner Graupe Chair on Sustainable Composites Manufacturing
Ph.D. University of British Columbia
M.ASc. École Polytechnique of Montreal
B.Eng. École Polytechnique of Montreal
MECH 321: Mechanics of Deformable Solids
MECH 536: Aerospace Structures
MECH 544: Processing of Composite Materials
- P. Hubert, T. Centea, L. Grunefelder, S. Nutt, J. Kratz, A. Levy, "Out-of-Autoclave Prepreg Processing". In: Beaumont, P.W.R. and Zweben, C.H. (eds.), Comprehensive Composite Materials II., vol. 2, pp.63-94. Oxford: Academic Press, 2018.
- G.-P. Picher-Martel, A. Levy, P. Hubert, "Compression Molding of Carbon/Polyether ether ketone Composites: Squeeze Flow Behavior of Unidirectional and Randomly-Oriented Strands", Polymer Composites, 2017, 38 (9), 1828-1837.
- N. Cuinat-Guerraz, M.-J. Dumont, P. Hubert, "Environmental Resistance of Flax/Bio-based Epoxy and Flax/Polyurethane Composites Manufactured by Resin Transfer Moulding", Composites Part A, 2016, 88, 140-147.
- M. H. Sherafat, R. Guitel, N. Quaegebeur, L. Lessard, P. Hubert, P. Masson, "Guided Wave Scattering Behaviour in Composite Bonded Assemblies", Composites Structures, 2016, 136, 696-705.
- M. Préau, P. Hubert, "Processing of Co-Bonded Scarf Repairs: Void Reduction Strategies and Influence on Strength Recovery", Composites Part A, 2016, 84, 236-245.
- B. Landry, P. Hubert, "Experimental Study of Defect Formation during Processing of Randomly-oriented Strand Carbon/PEEK Composites", Composites Part A, 2015, 77, 301–309.
- V. Mirjalili, R. Ramachandramoorthy, P. Hubert, "Enhancement of Fracture Toughness of Carbon Fibre Laminated Composites using Multi Wall Carbon Nanotubes", Carbon, 2014, 79, 413–423.
- J. Kratz, K. Hsiao, G. Fernlund, P. Hubert, "Thermal Models for MTM45-1 and Cycom 5320 Out-of-autoclave Prepreg Resins", Journal of Composite Materials, 2013, 47, 3, 341-352.
- M. Rahmat and P. Hubert, "Carbon Nanotube - Polymer Interactions in Nanocomposites: A Review", Composites Science and Technology, 2011, 72, 72-84.
- B. Ashrafi, J. Guan, V. Mirjalili, Y. Zhang, L. Chun, P. Hubert, B. Simard, C. Kingston, O. Bourne, A. Johnston, "Enhancement of Mechanical Performance of Epoxy/carbon Fiber Laminate Composites Using Single-walled Carbon Nanotubes", Composites Science and Technology, 2011, 71, 13, 1569-1578.
- T. Centea and P. Hubert, "Measuring the Impregnation of an Out-of-autoclave Prepreg Using Micro-CT". Composites Science and Technology, 2011, 71, 593–599.
- L. Khoun, T. Centea, P. Hubert, "Characterization Methodology of Thermoset Resins for the Processing of Composite Materials – Case Study: CYCOM 890RTM Epoxy Resin", Journal of Composite Materials, 2010, 44, 11, 1397-1415.
- See complete publications list
The revolution in various sectors of human activities ranging from communication, transportation and health demands the understanding and development of new advanced materials. My research interests mainly focus on the development of the next generation of process modeling tools for advanced composite materials. I am also looking at the mechanical and physical properties and processibility of new revolutionary nanostructured composite materials also know as nanocomposites. A combination of experimental and computational techniques are utilised to reach these goals
McGill Institute of Aerospace Engineering (MIAE)
McGill Institute for Advanced Materials (MIAM)
Trottier Institute for Sustainability in Engineering and Design (TISED)
Centres and Networks
Research Center for High Performance Polymer and Composite Systems
Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
Canadian Association for Composite Structures and Materials (CACSMA)
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
Society for the Advancement in Material and Process in Engineering (SAMPE)
American Society for Composites (ASC)
Society for Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- The Boeing Company.
- MDA Corp.
- Bell Helicopter
- Pratt & Whitney
- NASA Langley Research Center
- National Research Council
- University of Southern California
- Purdue University
- Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal
- The University of British Columbia
- University of Bristol
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne