Who must attend Pre-Departure Orientation?
- All students who are traveling outside Canada for University-related activities, such as exchanges, internships, independent study-away, field study semesters and courses, and research.
- If you have previously attended a Pre-Departure Orientation session but are travelling to a different region, you may be required to attend the regional session only. Please email mcgillabroad [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Already%20attended%20pre-depature%20) for further information.
- If you are a graduate student traveling outside Canada you must attend Pre-departure unless, you are going to an international conference or formally organized workshop. You must still complete the Travel Registry form on Minerva.
Attention Nursing, PT, OT, and MDCM students: Online pre-departure training for Nursing, PT, OT, and MDCM students is coordinated by McGill Global Health Programs (GPH) office in collaboration with the Schools of Nursing, Physical and Occupational Therapy, and the Faculty of Medicine. Please check here for full details on the process. Nursing, PT, OT, and MDCM students do not need to attend the McGill Abroad Pre-Departure Session. All questions should be directed to studentaffairsghp.med [at] mcgill.ca.
What topics are covered?
- University requirements
- Government-issued advisories and how they affect your plans
- Healthy travel
- Insurance, budgets, and travel documents