Differential Scanning Calorimetry : DSC 1 from Mettler Tolledo
Contact: petr.fiurasek [at] mcgill.ca (Petr Fiurasek) - Location: OM47
Faces scheduling system group: QCAM
Differential scanning calorimetry is based on the well-proven Boersma or heat flux principle in which the heat flow of a sample and a reference measurement are compared.
The highly sensitive ceramic sensor is used to measure the difference between the heat flows.
- Temperature range: RT to 700 ˚C
- Number of thermo couples: 56
- Sensor type: ceramic, FRS5, FRS5 + high
- Typical sample weight: 5-10 mg
- Resolution: 0.04 µW
- Temperature accuracy: ± 0.2˚C
- Temperature precision: ± 0.02˚C
- 34-position auto sampler
- Cooling: fan
- Purge gas system: nitrogen or air