The Brown-Martlet Undergraduate Research Award (BMURA) was established in 2016 to support one undergraduate student in the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences who is participating in a summer research project. The award is administered by the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
Value (2018) and Duration
Value: $3,000* from Award + minimum $2,625 from the supervisor
Duration: Summer project (May to August); 16 weeks on a full time basis
*The value of the award will vary depending on the rate of return of the endowment for the given year.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students in the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at time of application.
- The research must relate to the students’ academic field of study and should be conducted with the intention to advance knowledge.
- Students must be in good academic standing (CGPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Open to Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents and International students
- The professor supervising the research project must provide matching funds
- The professor must be from the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. See a full list of all departments and units on our website: Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Departments and Units (You can browse each unit’s listing to find a professor)
- The professor must have funding to match the monetary value of the award
How to apply:
To submit a complete application, you need to identify and meet with an eligible researcher who is willing to serve as your proposed supervisor and will submit a project proposal with you.
Submit your completed forms to research.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca
Deadline: March 16, 2018
For more Information
Macdonald Research Office
Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Raymond Building, Room R3-032A
research.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca