The naming convention for the nomination form must be as follows:
- ID#_last name_first name_unit name_nomform.pdf
- E.g., 260123456_Smith_John_Electrical&ComputerEng (ECE)_nomform.pdf
Macdonald Campus students: All forms must be duly signed, scanned, and submitted to GPS AND to gradstudies.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca with your initial e-thesis submission. Please ensure all necessary signatures have been obtained before submission.
Fillable Research Progress Tracking Form
Mandatory online academic integrity tutorial
As of spring 2011, graduate students must complete a mandatory online academic integrity tutorial, which may be accessed via Minerva (Student Menu > Academic Integrity Tutorial). New students must complete the tutorial within their first semester in order to prevent a Hold being placed on their record. Refer to registration deadlines for more details.
Planning to study abroad?
Make sure that you comply with McGill's mandatory orientation and registration.
For students in Graduate Programs:
Request for Readmission
If your registration at McGill has been terminated for a period of two years or more or you officially withdrew from the university, you may submit a request for readmission. Thesis students must be ready to submit your thesis for examination. You can find more information on graduate readmission procedures on the GPS students' website
Request for a Special Letter
Use this form to request a customized letter for the purpose of obtaining immigration documents (e.g.: post-graduate work permit, visa, permanent residency, etc).
- Initial e-thesis letter – confirming submission of initial e-thesis
- Final e-thesis letter – confirming completion of degree requirements (submission of final e-thesis) Use this version of the letter when applying for a Post Graduate Work Permit
- Non-thesis student - confirming completion of degree requirements (to apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit)
- Immigration Canada (CIC) PhD letter – required for the CIC Federal Skilled Worker program (confirms completion of 2 years in a PhD program and current academic standing)
- Semester dates letter - indicating the dates of the semester including the exam period
- Language of instruction of the University letter
- McGill’s accreditation information letter - indicating which association McGill University is a member of
- 3-year degree information letter - for Quebec students who have completed CEGEP
For Postdoctoral Fellows:
Minerva /uApply Access
Obtain your 9 digit McGill ID number or have your Minerva PIN/ uApply password reset.
Authorization for Release of Official Document
Use this online request form to authorize a third party to pick up your official document(s) at Service Point.
Special Fee Letters
(Fee estimates, proof of payment, UN Forms, World Bank...)
APPLICANTS: Request to modify application
Use this form to submit one of the following corrections to a recently submitted application to McGill University. Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation email for which you must take action on before any corrections can be made.
For a complete list of student services and resources at McGill, visit Resources & Services for Students
CREPUQ: Authorization to transfer credits under the agreement between Québec universities