SUMMER HEALTH SERVICES FOR MACDONALD CAMPUS STUDENTS:
From May 16th to August 15th, 2016, nursing services will not be available at the MAC Health Services clinic. To access services downtown:
- Each day, the downtown Student Health clinic will reserve both a DOCTOR and NURSE spot specifically for MAC students. These spots are for URGENT APPOINTMENTS only.
- To book any appointment, please make arrangements with the downtown clinic (514-398-6017) between 10:00am-4:00pm; be sure to indicate you are a Macdonald Campus student.
The downtown clinic will be closed on the following days:
- Monday, May 23
- Friday, June 24
- Monday, June 27
- Friday July 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29
- Monday July 4
- Friday August 5
About the clinic
The Macdonald campus clinic is part of McGill’s Student Health clinic. Mac students can be seen at either the MAC or downtown campus clinics. At the MAC campus clinic, the services of a nurse are available 3 days a week, from 9:00-4:30. Appointments with a physician are offered on average two afternoons each month (schedule to be confirmed). During the summer months (mid-May to mid-August), the MAC clinic is closed; however, students can still be seen at the downtown clinic. Special “urgent” appointments spots are reserved daily for MAC students (1 with the nurse and one with the drop-in physician).
Nurse: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 9:00am - 4:30pm CLOSED FOR SUMMER 2016
Centennial Centre, room 124
Urgent Care / Triage
Feeling sick? For urgent needs, a walk-in clinic is available with the nurse.
Make an Appointment
Regular appointments cover many things, including:
- STI testing (male & female)
- Standard immunizations & mask fitting for Dietetics students
- Travel health information & immunizations
- HPV vaccine
- Birth control
- Pap test
Your first appointment must be made in person. Students are required to sign the consent form which allows us to use our electronic software. Students who don’t agree to sign the consent form will not be able to use our clinic. Future appointments can then be booked either by phone or in person.
Who we serve
The Mac Student Health Clinic can be used by all registered McGill students who have paid the Student Services fee. This fee is automatically charged on the account of all students other than those registered in Continuing Studies. In order to use the clinic, these students must present proof that they have paid the fee. The clinic can not be used by Blue Cross dependents, McGill staff or research trainees.
Students must present their valid McGill ID card as well as either their provincial health care card or the McGill Blue Cross health insurance card. If you do not bring your card, you will have to pay for the visit. For more information on health insurance coverage, click here.
Please call (514) 398-7992, 24 hours in advance to cancel your appointment. Students who do not call 24 hours in advance to cancel will be charged $25.00.
When you call, mention that it is for a cancellation and leave your full name, McGill ID number and the date/time of your appointment.
Same day appointments: Students who do not present themselves for their appointment will be charged $25.00.
What to do when the Mac Student Health Clinic is closed
- For non-urgent problems, call Info-Santé (dial 8-1-1), available 24/7. Info-Santé
- Visit the McGill Student Health Clinic (downtown campus) (open Monday to Friday).
- Visit an off-campus clinic. A list of clinics is available here.