This section contains borrowing information for students studying at McGill, including undergraduate students, graduate students, and students from the McGill School of Continuing Studies and the McGill Community of Lifelong Learning.
- Student basics chart: loan periods, number of renewals and number of loan items allowed, overdue and recall fine rates
- Your library account: renew items online, check for overdue fines, see what you have borrowed, change your Library PIN, request items out to other users
- Email notices: be aware of this important policy!
- Requesting items out to other users: creating a "hold request" or "recall"
- Recall notices: when someone has requested the item you have borrowed
- Requesting items for pick-up: Requesting on the shelf items, delivery between branches
- Requesting scanned copies: journal articles and book chapters delivered to your e-mail.
- Renewing items: how and where
- Returning items: where to bring library items when you are done
- Overdue items: how and where to pay fines, maximum overdue fines, blocks on your account, waiving of fines
- Lost or damaged items: replacement costs
- Distance borrowing: for registered McGill students far from campus