|Loan period1||Max number of renewals1||Max number of items||Overdue fines||Recall fines|
|Books, journals, scores, maps2,3||4 months||unlimited||80||n/a||$5.00/day|
|Audio/video materials||4 months||unlimited||20||n/a||$5.00/day|
|3 hours5 / 1 day / 2 days6||0||3||$0.02/minute7||n/a|
|Course reserves - audio/video||4 hours||0||3||$0.02/minute7||n/a|
To borrow items:
- Use one of our self-check machines using your McGill University student ID, or
- Present your McGill University student ID at one of the Library Services Desks.
- Subject to recall.
- Students from the McGill School of Continuing Studies and McGill Community of Lifelong Learning enjoy the same borrowing privileges as McGill undergraduate students.
- PhD students whose McGill ID expires December 31 may have their borrowing privileges extended until the date their thesis is due. Either an email or a signed letter from the student's faculty administrator or thesis advisor must be sent to a Loans Supervisor at the appropriate library. (N.B. the email must be sent from a valid McGill address.)
- Course reserves items must be returned to the branch library from which they were borrowed.
- Course reserve items on 3 hour loan can be borrowed overnight if they are borrowed within 3 hours before the closing of Library Services. Course reserve items borrowed overnight will be due back one hour after Library Services begin the next day.
- Most Music Library equipment loans have a regular borrowing period of two days plus a night (due one hour after opening on the third day from the start of the loan).
- Library fines are calculated 24 hours/day.