- Members of the community must purchase a McGill Library Borrowing Card in order to borrow items from the Library.
- Cost: $100 for 6 months or $200 for 12 months
- McGill Library Borrowing Cards are valid in all McGill branch libraries, subject to the borrowing policies of individual collections.
- A McGill Library Borrowing Card may only be used by the person to whom it is issued.
- The expiration date is calculated from the date of payment.
- Fines or other sanctions are imposed for late returns and cards may be cancelled if misused.
Note: Purchasing a McGill Library Borrowing Card does not provide remote access to the Library’s electronic resources, nor does it give you access to all Library services and resources.
To purchase a McGill Library Borrowing Card:
Please note: Due to the library’s closure during Covid-19, memberships for community members are not currently available. When the library reopens, information about registration and the application form will be added to this page.