- Members of the community must purchase a McGill Library Borrowing Card in order to borrow items from the Library.
- Cost: $100 for 6 months or $200 for 12 months
- McGill Library Borrowing Cards are valid in all McGill branch libraries, subject to the borrowing policies of individual collections.
- A McGill Library Borrowing Card may only be used by the person to whom it is issued.
- The expiration date is calculated from the date of payment.
- Fines or other sanctions are imposed for late returns and cards may be cancelled if misused.
Note: Purchasing a McGill Library Borrowing Card does not provide remote access to the Library’s electronic resources, nor does it give you access to all Library services and resources.
To purchase a McGill Library Borrowing Card:
- Complete the McGill Library Borrowing Card Application Form.
- Visit any Loans Desk at any branch except the Birks Reading Room, the Islamic Studies Library, or the Geographic Information Centre.
- All major credit cards and Interac are accepted.
- Bring a photo ID & proof of address.
Once your application has been processed, you will be provided with a McGill Library Borrowing Card that you can use to borrow items.