3459 McTavish Street
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0C9
- African Studies
- French Language & Literature
- Language and Intercultural Communication -- French
Responsible for the provision of a range of library and information services and collections to support teaching, learning, and research taking place in the Anthropology, French Language and Literature, and Psychology departments.
- Master of Library and Information Studies, McGill University, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology, McGill University, 2000
Areas of interest
- Information literacy
- Emerging technologies in academic libraries
- Mobile technology
- Systematic reviews
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Canadian Association of Professional Academic Librarians (CAPAL)
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) – Community Services Group (CSG), Information Literacy Group
- L'Association des bibliothécaires du Québec - Quebec Library Association (ABQLA) - President (2013-2014)
Awards, honours, and fellowships
- Outstanding Paper Award Winner at the Emerald Liberati Network Awards for Excellence (2012)
Canuel, R., & Crichton, C. (2013, forthcoming). Apps for scholarly research: Implications for discovery and learning. Proceedings of the Library Orientation Exchange (LOEX) National Conference, Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Jones, J., & Canuel, R. (2013). Supporting the dissemination of undergraduate research: An emerging role for academic librarians. In D. M. Mueller (Ed.) Imagine, Innovate, Inspire: Proceedings of the Association of College & Research Libraries Conference (pp. 538-545). Chicago, IL: Association of College and Research Libraries. (full-text)
Canuel, R., Crichton, C., & Savova, M. (2012). Tablets as powerful tools for university research: Teaching the relevant skills. Library Technology Reports, 48(8), 35-41. (full-text)
Canuel, R., & Crichton, C. (2011). Canadian academic libraries and the mobile web. New Library World, 112(3/4), 107-120. (full-text)
Lange, J., Canuel, R., & Fitzgibbons, M. (2011). Tailoring information literacy instruction and library services for continuing education: Diverse learners, diverse needs. Journal of Information Literacy, 5(2), 66-80. (full-text)
Selected talks and presentations
Canuel, R. (2013, May). Teaching, learning, and working with mobile technology: Essential skills for the multifaceted professional. Canadian Association of Law Libraries (CALL) annual conference: Librarian: Multifaceted Professional. Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Canuel, R., & Crichton, C. (2013, May). Apps for scholarly research: Implications for discovery and learning. 41st Annual Library Orientation Exchange (LOEX) National Conference, Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Canuel, R., Crichton, C., Savova, M. (2012, June). Everybody’s surfin’ now: Teaching and learning with mobile technology. 2012 LOEX of the West Conference: Creative landscapes, Woodbury University, Burbank, California, U.S.A.
Savova, M., Canuel, R., & Crichton, C. (2012, April). Mobile technology and information literacy instruction: The McGill Library experience. Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference (LILAC), Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, Scotland.