Nahum Gelber Law Library
3660 Peel Street
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1W9
Liaison librarian at the Nahum Gelber Law Library, providing instructional and reference services, assisting in collection development, and developing and maintaining a strong relationship and intellectual involvement with the Faculty of Law.
- Formation Professionnelle, École du Barreau, 2015
- Bachelor of Civil Law and Bachelor of Laws (BCL/LLB), McGill University, 2015
- Master of Library and Information Studies, McGill University, 2012
- Bachelor of Arts, Joint Honours in Canadian Studies & East Asian Studies, McGill University, 2009
Areas of Interest
- Legal technology
- Research methodology
- Legal education
- Appeal Committee for Student Discipline and Grievances (Legal Assessor, 2019 - present)
- Faculty of Law Curriculum Committee (Library representative, 2019 - present)
- LibGuide Working Group (Member, 2019 - present)
- McGill Library Accessibility Working Group (Member, 2019 - present)
- Library Orientation Committee (Member, 2019 - present)
- American Association of Law Libraries, 2019/current (Member)
- Canadian Association of Law Libraries, 2012/current (Member)
- 2021 Conference Planning Committee member, 2019/current
- CanLII/ CALL Committee member, 2019/current
- Academic Special Interest Group member, 2012/current
- Montreal Association of Law Libraries, 2019/current (Member)
- Barreau du Québec, 2016/current (Member)
- Jeune Barreau de Montréal, 2016/current (Member)
- Comité technologies de l’information, 2017/current (Vice-president, 2019/current)
- Lord Reading Law Society, 2015/current (Member)
LAWG 550 - Law Firm Technology (Summer 2020). Faculty of Law, McGill University, Montreal, QC.
LAWG 551 - Advanced Legal Research (Fall 2019). Faculty of Law, McGill University, Montreal, QC.
LAWG 551 - Law and Technology and Applied Innovation (Spring 2019). Faculty of Law, McGill University, Montreal, QC.
Bergman, Michael, and Katarina Daniels. The Constitution and the English-Language in Québec: Education, the Primacy of the French Language, Collective Rights. Montreal: Quebec Community Groups Network, 2015, https://qcgn.ca/2015413research-paper-html/.
Daniels, Katarina, “Our library’s first escape room – are you up to the challenge?,” Nahum Gelber Law Library Blog, September 19 2019, http://blogs.library.mcgill.ca/lawlibrary/our-librarys-first-escape-room....
Daniels, Katarina, “LégisQuébec – The (In)completeness of an Official Consolidated Law,” Nahum Gelber Law Library Blog, June 20, 2019, http://blogs.library.mcgill.ca/lawlibrary/legisquebec-the-incompleteness....
Spadotto, Nicole and Katarina Daniels, “Les chatbots et les langages de programmation : vers un accès à la justice démocratisé ?,” Blogue du CRL: Chroniques CTI (blog), June 20, 2019, http://www.blogueducrl.com/2019/06/les-chatbots-et-les-langages-de.html.
Daniels, Katarina, “Legal (Library) Tech,” Nahum Gelber Law Library Blog, June 6, 2019, http://blogs.library.mcgill.ca/lawlibrary/legal-library-tech/.
Shapiro, Josh and Katarina Daniels, “Blockchain: An Unlikely Key to Improving Access to Justice?,” Blogue du CRL: Chroniques CTI (blog), March 26, 2019, http://www.blogueducrl.com/2019/03/blockchain-unlikely-key-to-improving.....
Daniels, Katarina. Hate Crimes F.A.Q. Canadian Association of Law Libraries – Academic Law Library Special Interest Group, 2017, https://www.callacbd.ca/resources/Documents/Academic%20SIG/Hate%20Crime%....
Daniels, Katarina. “Designing and teaching problem-based workshops for clinic students.” Presentation at the Legal Writing Institute 2019 One-Day Workshop, Toronto, Ontario, December 6, 2019.
- Twitter (@katarinadaniels)
- Twitter (@McGillLawLibrar)
- Facebook (@NahumGelberLaw.Library)
- Nahum Gelber Law Library Blog