McLennan Library Building
3459 McTavish Street
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0C9
Librarian, Management & Business
Supporting the students and faculty at the Desautels Faculty of Management and across the University to get the most out of the Library’s resources, services, and facilities. Focusing specifically on areas relating to management and business.
- The Management and Business page has links to guides that highlight the relevant databases and resources to in a number of areas including company, industry, and consumer research.
- Our FAQ for management and business has answers to the commonly asked questions.
- Our citation guide provides examples of how to cite management and business resources using the APA citation style.
If you have any questions, please contact me at edward.bilodeau [at] mcgill.ca.
I'm also available to meet with students during my office hours: Schedule an appointment
Additional roles within the Humanities and Social Sciences Library
- Responsible for managing our collection of reference materials (print and online)
- Responsible for coordinating online communications (web site, social media, etc)
Library committees and working groups
- LibGuides Working Group
Bilodeau, E. (2017). The mobile context: A user-centered approach to mobile strategy for libraries. In R. Canuel & C. Chrichton (Eds.), Mobile technology and academic libraries: Innovative services for research and teaching. Chicago : Association of College and Research Libraries.
Bilodeau, E. and Carson, P. (2015). The role of communities of practice in the professional education of academic librarians, Education for Information, 31(1,2), 25-51.
Boruff, JT. and Bilodeau, E. (2012). Creating a mobile subject guide to improve access to point-of-care resources for medical students: a case study, Journal of the Medical Library Association, 11: 1, 55-60.
Recent presentations and workshops
Bilodeau, E. (2017). UX: au-delà du site Web. Congrès des professionnels et professionnelles de l'information 2017, Montreal, 12 October, 2017. Duration: 30 minutes. slides: 2017-cpi-uxaudela.pdf
Bilodeau, E. (2017). Business information. Guest lecture given at School of Information Studies, McGill University, Tuesday, 23 February, 2017.
Bilodeau, E. (2017). The professional education of academic librarians. Guest lecture given at School of Information Studies, McGill University, Tuesday, 7 February, 2017.
Bilodeau, E. (2017). L'évolution du soutien aux humanités numériques à la Bibliothèque McGill. CAPAL-EBSI : Les humanités numériques et les sciences de l’information, École de bibliothéconomie et des sciences de l'information, Université de Montréal, Montreal, 19 janvier, 2017.
Bilodeau, E. (2016). The disciplined librarian: Hard choices, clear direction, real impact. Info Nexus 2016, Montreal, 5 February 2016.
Bilodeau, E. (2015). Faculty perspectives on research data management. ABQLA College and Research Libraries Winter 2015 section event, Montreal, 26 March, 2015.
Bilodeau, E. (2014). Twitter - Une approche pour éviter la banalité de la vie virtuelle. Congrès des milieux documentaires du Québec 2014, Montreal, 3 December, 2014. Duration: 30 minutes.
Bilodeau, E. (2014). More than wireframes: Reflections of the traditions of web design. 82nd ABQLA Annual Conference, Montreal, 8 May, 2014.
Baiocco, L., Bilodeau E. (2014). Staying safe: tips to help you and your family navigate the web. Westmount Public Library, Montreal, 19 March, 2014.
Bilodeau, E., Blanchard, N. (2014). Practicum Poster Workshop. Workshop given for students taking part in GLIS 699 Practicum, School of Information Studies, McGill University, Montreal, 19 February and 14 March, 2014.
Bilodeau, E. (2014). Digital Library Systems: Proprietary & Open Source Options. Guest lecture given at School of Information Studies, McGill University, Montreal, 10 February, 2014.
Bilodeau, E. (2014). Roundtable discussion. Moderated roundtable discussion, 7th Annual Web 2.U Symposium, McGill University, Montreal, 7 February, 2014.
Bilodeau, E., Severson, S. (2013). Harnessing new technologies to get things done. Congrès des milieux documentaires du Québec 2013, Montreal, 25 November, 2013.
Buckland, A., Bilodeau, E. (2013). Digitizing Chapbooks. Digital Humanities Works-In-Progress series, McGill University, October 2, 2013.
Buckland, A., Bilodeau, E. (2013). The McGill Library and Digital Humanities. Montreal Digital Humanities Showcase 2013, McGill University, May 22, 2013.
Bilodeau, E. (2013). The promise and realities of Web2.0 in the Information World. Roundtable discussion, 6th Annual Web 2.U Symposium, McGill University, Montreal, 8 February, 2013.
Bilodeau, E. (2013). Shielding your library from the reality distortion field of new technologies. 6th Annual Web 2.U Symposium, McGill University, Montreal, 8 February, 2013.
Bilodeau, E. (2012). Using a community of practice to support librarian bloggers in an academic library. Congrès des milieux documentaires du Québec 2012, Montreal, 31 October, 2012.
Other professional and scholarly activities
- Regularly guest lectures at McGill's School of Information Studies on topics relating to web services & digital libraries. Previously taught several courses at SIS, most notably GLIS 634 Web System Design and Management.
- Served as President (2015) and Advisor (past president; 2016) for the SLA Eastern Canada Chapter
- Co-chaired program committee Congrès des milieux documentaires du Québec 2015 (Montreal, 18-20 November, 2015); Co-chaired Access Conference 2012 (Montreal, 18-21 October, 2012); Member of program planning committee for Digital Library Federation Forum 2013 (Austin, Texas, November 3-6, 2013) and 2015 (Vancouver, October 26-28, 2015)