- Web services
Coordinator, User Experience and User Support
Responsible for online user experience for faculty, students, library staff, and the entire McGill community.
- Master of Library and Information Studies, McGill University, 2006
- Bachelor of Science (Physics), McGill University, 1992
Boruff, JT. and Bilodeau, E. (2012). “Creating a mobile subject guide to improve access to point-of-care resources for medical students: a case study”, Journal of the Medical Library Association, 11: 1, 55-60.
Recent presentations and workshops
Bilodeau, E. (2014). More than wireframes: Reflections of the traditions of web design. 82nd ABQLA Annual Conference, Montreal, 8 May, 2014.
Baiocco, L., Bilodeau E. (2014). Staying safe: tips to help you and your family navigate the web. Westmount Public Library, Montreal, 19 March, 2014.
Bilodeau, E., Blanchard, N. (2014). Practicum Poster Workshop. Workshop given for students taking part in GLIS 699 Practicum, School of Information Studies, McGill University, Montreal, 19 February and 14 March, 2014.
Bilodeau, E. (2014). Digital Library Systems: Proprietary & Open Source Options. Guest lecture given at School of Information Studies, McGill University, Montreal, 10 February, 2014.
Bilodeau, E. (2014). Roundtable discussion. Moderated roundtable discussion, 7th Annual Web 2.U Symposium, McGill University, Montreal, 7 February, 2014.
Bilodeau, E., Severson, S. (2013). Harnessing new technologies to get things done. Congrès des milieux documentaires du Québec 2013, Montreal, 25 November, 2013.
Buckland, A., Bilodeau, E. (2013). Digitizing Chapbooks. Digital Humanities Works-In-Progress series, McGill University, October 2, 2013.
Buckland, A., Bilodeau, E. (2013). The McGill Library and Digital Humanities. Montreal Digital Humanities Showcase 2013, McGill University, May 22, 2013.
Bilodeau, E. (2013). The promise and realities of Web2.0 in the Information World. Roundtable discussion, 6th Annual Web 2.U Symposium, McGill University, Montreal, 8 February, 2013.
Bilodeau, E. (2013). Shielding your library from the reality distortion field of new technologies. 6th Annual Web 2.U Symposium, McGill University, Montreal, 8 February, 2013.
Bilodeau, E. (2012). Using a community of practice to support librarian bloggers in an academic library. Congrès des milieux documentaires du Québec 2012, Montreal, 31 October, 2012.
Other professional and scholarly activities
- Regularly guest lectures at McGill's School of Information Studies on topics relating to web services & digital libraries. Previously taught several courses at SIS, most notably GLIS 634 Web System Design and Management.
- Co-chaired Access Conference 2012 (Montreal, 18-21 October, 2012), member of program planning committee for Digital Library Federation Forum 2013 (Austin, Texas, November 3-6, 2013).
- Member of the editorial board for Argus (Corporation des bibliothécaires professionnels du Québec) since August 2013
- Webmaster for the Association des bibliothécaires du Québec - Quebec Library Association (ABQLA) as well as the James McGill Society.
Download: Edward Bilodeau - Curriculum vitae (Feb 2014) (pdf)