Marketing Share Resources
- Passport GMID (Euromonitor)
Select "Search > Text Search" to look for an industry or company profile; these typically contain market share at the company or brand level.
- Market Share Reporter
Provides market share data for a variety of topics, primarily for US industries but some Canadian and global coverage.
- PMB Online
Results of Canadian consumer surveys with responses broken down by age, income, city, education, family type, etc. See this video or the PMB Online Database Guide for how to read a report.
- Marketline (Datamonitor)
Some industry reports contain a section on market share in this database. Search also the 'Market data analytics' database within Datamonitor.
Market research on the Internet, e-business, online marketing, media, emerging technologies, and related demographics. Visit the eMarketer help centre for how to guides.
Portal to statistics on a variety of industries.
Articles | Analyses | Plans
Article Sources for Market Share
Use the words "market or share" in your search.
- Proquest Central - Articles in business and management journals.
- Business Source Complete (EBSCO) - Articles in business and management journals.
- Factiva - International news and company press releases.
Analyst reports on individual companies and industry reports sometimes contain market share.
- Encyclopedia of Major Marketing Campaigns
Examples of marketing campaigns. Browse the index or search by brand or topic.
- Powerhouse marketing plans 14 outstanding real-life plans and what you can learn from them to supercharge your own campaigns by Winslow Johnson
- Marketing plans : how to prepare them, how to use them
- Associations Canada
Check association websites for more information about market size, consumer base and trends.
- Encyclopedia of Global Brands
Overview of major brands and their history, brand equity etc.
McGill Library research guidesSee these additional research guides for supplementary information:
- Consumer & Demographic Research - Find information on consumer behaviour and target markets.
- Company Research - Company profiles sometimes contain information about a company's marketing strategy or market share.
- Industry Research - Industry reports sometimes contain information about a company's marketing strategy or market share.
- MGCR 352 course guide