dana [dot] ingalls [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)• (514) 398-4400 x0613
Dictionaries, Encyclopedias and Handbooks
A Dictionary of Economics
John Black; Nigar Hashimzade; Gareth D Myles; Oxford University Press
Handbook of agricultural economics
Also available as a hard copy: HD1415 H313 2001, Macdonald Campus Library
Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology: The Contemporary Core Literature.
HD1415 O47 1991 In Library Use Macdonald Campus Library
- Agricultural and Food Economics
- Agricultural Economics
- American Journal of Agricultural Economics
- Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy (formerly Review of Agricultural Economics)
- Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie
- Food Policy
- Journal of Agricultural Economics
- Land Economics
ABI Inform Complete. 1971 to the present
Citations plus abstracts to over 1,000 English-language business journals from around the world. Updated monthly.
AGRICOLA. 1979 to the present
All aspects of agriculture are covered by the United States Department of Agriculture.
CAB Abstracts. 1973 to the present
Includes all the references in the printed index World Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology Abstracts. International coverage.
Canadian Electronic Library: Canadian public policy collection. 2005 to the present
Publications from Canadian public policy institutes, government agencies, advocacy groups, think-tanks, university research centres and public interest groups.
EconLit. 1969 to the present
References to articles, books, dissertations and collective works. Selected abstracts. Most references in English or with English summaries. Updated quarterly.
Web of Science
Large multidisciplinary database offering citation linking and citation counts.
Large multidisciplinary science and social sciences database that is capable of backward and forward ciation linking and includes citation counts.
Academic Search Complete
Large multidisciplinary database including over 9,000 full-text journals in the sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
Government of Canada Websites:
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Agri-Food Trade Service
- Industry Canada – Trade Data Online
- 2011 Census of Agriculture
- Statistics Canada
- AgNIC (Agriculture Network Information Collaborative) - Economics, Business and Industry
- AgriReseau - Le réseau québécois de sites spécialisés en agriculture et agroalimentaire
- AgEcon - Full text library of agricultural and applied economics scholarly literature.
- Sites Internet intéressants - Ministere de l'Agriculture, des Pecheries et de l'Alimentation (MAPAQ) Québec
- Statistics Canada Products and services: Downloadable research papers (free) Agriculture and Rural Working Papers (21-601-MIE) from 2001-2006.
Last updated: January 2014