HIST 433 - British Queer History
- McGill Library Classic Catalogue
- Search for keywords that describe your topic. Example: lesbian* history "great britain"
- Examine the subject headings of books that seem most relevant, and use them to find others on the same topic.
- McGill WorldCat Catalogue
- To find books in other libraries, select "Libraries Worldwide" and follow the same steps as above.
- For information on interlibrary loans, see this page
- Historical Abstracts
- Bibliography of British and Irish History
- British Humanities Index
- Proquest Dissertations & Theses
- Gender Studies Database
- Gender Watch
- Alternative Press Index
Secondary sources are often the best places to find primary sources. Take a look at the bibliography of the books and articles on your topic, which will point you to useful and important documents from the period you are studying. The author will likely have done a considerable amount of legwork already.
Diaries and Letters
- British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries
- In the catalogue, use the following terms along with a person's name or relevant keywords:
- Personal narratives