Background information and books
For background information
- A dictionary of geography
- A dictionary of geology and earth sciences
- Encyclopedia of Earth
- The Oxford companion to the earth
For other books
You may use WorldCat to search for books, journals, journal articles, etc.
To access an e-book, please follow the link provided in the Find a copy online section on a book’s bibliographic information page.
You may also use the Classic Catalogue for print books, journals, etc.
Core subject databases
- GEOBASE, covers topics in physical and human geography, ecology, geology, oceanography, geomechanics and development studies.
- GeoRef, covers topics in geoscience, soils, hydrology, geomorphology and maps.
Writing and citing resources
- An introduction to scientific research methods in geography & environmental studies
- Essay do’s and don’ts: a practical guide to essay writing
- Making sense: a student’s guide to research and writing: geography and environmental sciences
- Research design and proposal writing in spatial science (ebook)
Citation management software
Citation style guides
- Writing with style: APA style made easy
- An easy guide to APA style
- Purdue OWL: APA Formatting and Style Guide (free online resource)