ESYS 200 - Earth system processes
Background information and books
For background information
- A dictionary of geography
- A dictionary of geology and earth sciences
- Encyclopedia of Earth
- The Oxford companion to the earth
For other books
You may use WorldCat to search for books, journals, journal articles, etc.
To access an e-book, please follow the link provided in the Find a copy online section on a book’s bibliographic information page.
You may also use the Classic Catalogue for books, journals, etc., but not journal articles.
In the Classic Catalogue, please click on the Find it button on the very left column to access an e-book.
Core subject databases
- GEOBASE, covers topics in human and physical geography, ecology, geology, oceanography, geomechanics and development studies
- GeoRef, covers topics in geoscience, soils, hydrology, geomorphology and maps
Writing and citing resources
- An introduction to scientific research methods in geography & environmental studies
- Essay do’s and don’ts: a practical guide to essay writing
- Making sense: a student’s guide to research and writing: geography and environmental sciences
- Research design and proposal writing in spatial science (ebook)
Citation management software
Citation style guides
- Writing with style: APA style made easy
- An easy guide to APA style
- Purdue OWL: APA Formatting and Style Guide (free online resource)