English 431 - Studies in Drama: David Garrick
Lonnie [dot] Weatherby [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email) • 514-398-5031
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Desk-top Reference Collection
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography Online
- Oxford English Dictionary Online
- American National Biography
- World Biographical Information System Online
Primary and Secondary Sources - Paper copy
- The London stage, 1660-1800; a calendar of plays, entertainments & afterpieces, together with casts, box-receipts and contemporary comment. Compiled from the playbills, newspapers and theatrical diaries of the period. 5 volumes + index.
PN2592 L6 - Main floor Reference Collection
- A biographical dictionary of actors, actresses, musicians, dancers, managers & other stage personnel in London, 1660-1800. 16 volumes.
PN2597 H5 - Main floor Reference Collection
- Some account of the English stage : from the restoration in 1660 to 1830.
- David Garrick: a reference guide
Z8324.45 B4 - Main floor Reference Collection
Primary and Secondary Sources - Online
- Shakespeare Collection
- ECCO (Eighteenth Century Collections Online
- The dramatic censor; or critical companion, 1770
- Dramatic miscellanies: consisting of critical observations on several plays of Shakspeare: with a review of his principal characters, and those of various eminent writers, as represented by Mr. Garrick, and other celebrated comedians. ... By Thomas Davies, In three volumes.
- Memoirs of the life of David Garrick, Esq. Interspersed with characters and anecdotes of his theatrical contemporaries. The whole forming a history of the stage, which includes a period of thirty-six years. By Thomas Davies.
- LION (Literature Online)
- International Index to the Performing Arts (IIPA)
- Periodicals Archive Online (PAO)
- Eighteenth Century Journals II
- Internet Library of Early Journals
- Past Masters
- Literature Resource Center
- Academic Search Premier
- Expanded Academic ASAP
- Project MUSE