The McGill Library will be moving towards a single catalogue on May 1, 2019. Please be advised that due to this major migration, a series of service interruptions will occur from April 23 to May 2. All dates below subject to change.
- April 23 to May 2: Users will not be able to recall materials or place holds.
- April 23 to May 2: Users will not be able to request scanned materials through the Article/Chapter Scan Service.
- April 29: Classic Catalogue no longer available.
- April 29 to May 2: Library accounts blocked for all users. For help with your account during this time please go to a branch information desk during service hours.
- April 29 to May 2: Users will not be able to renew books online. Self-check machines will not be functional.
- April 29 & 30 users will still be able to borrow materials out at branch information desks during service hours only.
- April 29 & 30 users will not be able to pay fines on these days only.
- Users’ personal loan histories and personal lists will not be migrated. Users can save loan history and personal lists. For more information on this topic click here.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this system upgrade - it is unfortunately unavoidable in this type of major system upgrade.
For more information on McGill’s move towards a single catalogue via WorldCat Discovery, click here.
Questions about this transitional period or the migration? Contact us at discovery.library [at] mcgill.ca.