The Library has automatically renewed all checked-out items that were originally due between March 1, 2020 and January 3, 2021. The new due date for these materials will be January 4, 2021. After January 4, checked-out items will automatically be renewed unless the user account has expired or if a hold is placed on the item.
If you are currently in Montreal, you may hold onto the book or return it in the returns bin on the street level at the McLennan Library Building. If you have left Montreal, you may hold onto the books or mail the books back to the McLennan-Redpath Library Complex (3459 McTavish Street Montreal, Quebec H3A 0C9). No fines will be accrued during the closure. Please note, returned items will appear on your account until staff can discharge the material.
Library / COVID-19 Closure Reminders:
- The Library’s physical branches are closed in conformance with government and campus directives until further notice. No fines will be accrued during this time.
- If you have questions about your library account or our online services, please contact us.
- While the library is closed, students will not be blocked from graduating or from registering for courses due to outstanding library fines. Outstanding fines can be reconciled when the library re-opens.
- Users can take advantage of a full suite of online library services including virtual reference service and teaching services for instructors. Electronic resources can be accessed through our catalogue, Databases A- Z list, and temporarily open e-resources including print books from McGill’s collection via HathiTrust emergency service. McGill students, faculty and staff can take also advantage of a Terrace Pickup Service for print books not available electronically or through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS).
- Consult our dedicated webpage for the latest information about Library services during the closure period.