Request a consult
Are you a graduate student, researcher, clinician, or faculty at McGill? Do you need assistance locating and organizing resources for your research or teaching?
We make housecalls!
The Life Sciences Library offers specially tailored training sessions for graduate students and faculty. We offer individual consults during which a librarian will provide guidance and expertise in identifying, extracting, and analyzing information for:
- preparing a grant proposal
- conducting a systematic review
- writing an article
- assisting in the preparation of course reading lists with OpenURL links
- or just keeping up to date with the literature in a particular field
In addition, the Life Sciences Library can create customized workshops for a group requiring instruction. These workshops are tailored to a groups specific information needs and abilities. Examples of recent workshops include:
- PubMed for Emergency Medicine residents
- Introduction to Reference Manager (for Microbiology Graduate Students)
- Searching the Literature in Pediatrics: A Refresher
We will be glad to meet with you in your office or at the Library and show you the tools and services specific to your information needs. The service is free to all members of the McGill community and its affiliated teaching hospitals.
* = Required field