The Humanities and Social Sciences Library provides borrowing services for all collections in the McLennan-Redpath Complex, including the circulating collections of the Schulich Library of Physical Sciences, Life Sciences and Engineering and the Osler Library of the History of Medicine.
- Borrow books at the Library Services Desk or use the self-check machines on the main floor of the McLennan Library Building.
- Have questions about your loan or Library account? hsslloans.library [at] mcgill.ca (Email) any time or phone 514-398-4734 during service hours.
- Return items at the Library Services desk and in the after-hours return bin.
- Borrow Course Reserves, DVDS or pick up a hold request in the self-serve reserve room next to the Library Services Desk.
- Return Course Reserves at the Library Services Desk or in the adjacent return bin.
- Consult McGill Library's borrowing policies.
- BCI cards to borrow in person at other libraries are available at the Library Service Desk.
- Article/chapter scan service for print collections.
- For faculty - Office delivery service.
- Purchase uPrint cards for guest access.
- Borrow equipment (headphones, adapters, etc).
To borrow documents that are not part of McGill Library’s collection, McGill professors, current students and staff can use Colombo to request an Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
Collections housed in Rare Books and Special Collections are consulted in the 4th floor Reading Room.