Q. Where can I find an overview of the tenure process?
A. There are at least two options:
- There is a general tenure page that includes tenure forms, a timetable with key dates, presentations, and guidelines for electronic submission of tenure dossiers
- There is also a lengthier section on this site with an overview of the tenure process.
Q. What is the purpose of external evaluators?
A. External evaluators:
- provide assessments which help the Library and Reappointment Committee (LRTC) and the University Tenure Committee (UTC) in their deliberations
- provide an evaluation of the candidate’s professional and scholarly activities and contributions to scholarly communities (but not position responsibilities)
Q. How are external reviewers selected?
- they must be of recognized standing and accomplishment, and suitably qualified
- they must NOT be in the employ of McGill or individuals with whom the candidate is in a conflict of interest e.g. has a close personal or professional relationship
Q. What will the external evaluator see?
A. They will see all sections except for position responsibilities.
Q. Will I see a copy of the external evaluators’ reports?