External evaluators provide assessments on the candidate’s professional and scholarly activities and contributions to scholarly communities (but not position responsibilities), which help the LRTC and the UTC in their deliberations.
- they must be of recognized standing and accomplishment, and suitable qualified;
- they must not be in the employ of McGill, or individuals with whom the candidate is in a conflict of interest (e.g. close personal or professional relationship);
- 3 evaluators chosen from a list of 8 provided by the candidate;
- only the Secretary-general may communicate with evaluators;
- no one can approach other evaluators or outside parties concerning a candidate.