As defined in Section 1.2.2 of the Regulations, academic duties of Librarian staff include:
- position responsibilities, which require the exercise of professional expertise or practice;
- professional and scholarly activities, which may include research; and
- other contributions to the University and scholarly communities.
In order to be granted tenure, candidates must demonstrate (Section 3.10 of the Regulations):
- Superior performance in their position responsibilities, which is the most important of the academic duties;
- Superior performance in one of the remaining two categories;
- Reasonable performance in the other category.