Criteria for reappointment is based on performance of academic duties across the following three categories (Section 1.2.2 of the Regulations):
- Position responsibilities, which require the exercise of professional expertise or practice;
- Professional and scholarly activities, which may include research;
- Other contributions to the University and scholarly communities sections.
In order to be reappointed, candidates must demonstrate satisfactory promise and progress toward meeting tenure criteria (Section 3.10 of the Regulations). The criteria for tenure are:
- Superior performance in their position responsibilities, which is the most important of the academic duties;
- Superior performance in one of the remaining two categories;
- Reasonable performance in the other category.