Visual Schedule Builder (VSB) for Fall 2013 registration
Visual Schedule Builder (VSB) shows you all the possible timetables for the courses you ask it to schedule. Try it yourself here or access it on myMcGill.
Once you have some courses in mind from Class Schedule, enter them into VSB. State your preferences (mornings or evenings off, for example) and watch as multiple conflict-free schedules are generated.
Then copy and paste CRNs (Course Reference Numbers) into the Minerva Quick Add boxes on the Registration menu so you can make your "what-if" schedule a reality. Or continue to browse to find more possibilities.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Always check Class Schedule before registering for up-to-the-minute changes (since most schedule information is sent to VSB from Minerva only once each morning). Please see the complete VSB service description in the IT Knowledge Base for full details and FAQs.
Helpful VSB features:
- Pin a class or lab in place in order to rearrange the rest of your schedule around it.
- Block off specific periods of time that you would like unscheduled by clicking and dragging timeslots on your timetable.
- Toggle the option to show or hide classes that are currently full.
- An indicator for waitlisted seats becoming available in full classes.
- Search by instructor.
- Inclusion of instructor information.
- Display of course locations and some notes found in the Minerva Class Schedule.