ICS Service Desk closed for holidays - prepare now
The ICS Service Desk will be closed from
December 23, 2011 - January 2, 2012.
From January 3 - 6, we will be open from 9am to 5pm, with reduced support staff. Please contact us via email or webform only; reserve phone calls for emergency situatons, such as classroom AV Systems Help. We will return to normal hours of operation on Monday, January 9.
Prepare yourself now by setting up security questions so that you can reset your McGill Password or Minerva PIN, in case you forget them over the holidays.
- McGill Password security questions:
- Go to the myMcGill portal
- In the portlet named McGill Password Security, click on the link, Set up your security questions and answers now...
If you forget your McGill Password in the future, you will be able to click the Forgot Password? link on most web-based sign-in pages at McGill.
- Security question for your 6-digit Minerva
PIN: (accompanies your 9-digit McGill ID when you sign
- Sign into Minerva.
- Go the Personal Menu and click Minerva Security Question
- Choose one of the predetermined questions and enter an answer.
If you forget your PIN in the future, you can click the Forgot PIN? link on the Minerva login screen and reset it yourself.
Note that the security responses for both McGill Password and Minerva PIN are NOT case sensitive.
Find answers to common IT issues by searching our extensive Knowledge Base from the box at the right side of the IT Services home page: www.mcgill.ca/it.