As a McGill LAN administrator, you have the ability to install software from the “Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES) License” on McGill-owned computers. Before doing so, you must agree to the terms and conditions set forth below:
- I understand that I am not permitted to distribute or share the McGill -Microsoft Campus License Key and Microsoft Media with any other person or party.
- I understand that software received through this agreement can only be installed on McGill-owned computers. Installation on non-McGill owned computers is strictly prohibited.
- I understand that if ever a McGill-owned computer were to leave the possession of McGill, all software installed on the computer as part of this agreement must be removed.
- I understand that I am not licensed to use the software for personal purposes.
- Operating systems offered as part of the agreement are only for the upgrade of existing licensed operating systems that qualify:
Qualifying OS Rules (Each condition must be met in order for base OS to qualify for upgrade)
- Qualifying OS is installed on the device to which the VL Upgrade license is to be assigned
- Removal of qualifying OS from the device is necessary in order to deploy upgrades, except
- where customers who wish to install/run more than one licensed OS at one time (including the qualifying OS) either acquire software assurance for their VL Upgrade license, or purchase full Windows Vista licenses separately. We do not offer full OS licenses in Volume Licensing
- where customers have active Software Assurance coverage, in which case they may install and run the qualifying OS and Windows Vista at the same time.
This form can only be filled out by a McGill LAN administrator (or equivalent). All other requests will be denied.