Cisco Webex is a web conferencing platform that enables you to collaborate virtually for meetings, classes or events.
Getting started with Webex?
See Webex essentials for working remotely to quickly learn
- How to start or join a meeting
- How to set your audio and video preferences
- How to share your screen
Schedule Webex meetings from Outlook
You can schedule Webex meetings from Outlook by installing Webex Productivity Tools.
McGill staff and faculty can schedule and create meetings either through a web browser or the Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App.
From the web
- Go to https://mcgill.webex.com.
- Click the Sign in button.
- Enter your McGill email address.
- Enter your McGill credentials on the sign in page.
From your desktop
Once logged in to https://mcgill.webex.com, you will be provided with the option to download the Cisco Webex Meetings desktop app, which will allow you to start and join meetings without going to the Webex site.
From a mobile app
- Download the mobile app.
- Open the app and click the Sign in button.
- Enter your McGill email address and click Next.
- Select the site mcgill.webex.com
- You will be taken to the McGill credentials page. Enter your McGill credentials and click Sign in to complete the process.
- How to Start and join Webex Meetings from the Desktop App (1:19)
- Joining a Webex Meeting from the web app (2:13)
- Manage audio & video preferences in Webex Meetings (3:08)
- How to Change the video layout in Webex Meetings (1:38)
- How To Share Content During a Cisco Webex Meeting (1:56)
- How to Share Video in a Cisco Webex Meeting (1:25)
- How To Record a Cisco Webex Meeting Video Conference (1:23)
Support and training
- Visit the Webex Help Center for self-serve training resources or to request live support.
- Contact the IT Service Desk for access/authentication issues.
- Register for instructor-led training on WebEx Meetings (COL 610) - standard groups such as team meetings and training sessions - focus on collaboration.
- Register for instructor-led training on WebEx Events (COL615) - large groups such as Town Halls- focus on disseminating information to a large audience.