IT Services is embarking on a major project to upgrade McGill’s end-of-life telephone system, bringing in a modern Internet-based solution, which will support today’s flexible work environment. Watch the trailer video
Using the new Cisco Webex app as a “softphone” we will be able to make and receive phone calls from any computer, laptop, or mobile device. A physical desk phone option will also be available, deployed building-by-building, starting in the fall and continuing over the next two years.
We are now opening the project to a limited number of eligible academic and administrative staff as early adopters. See benefits below.
Become an early adopter
If you are interested in gaining access to the Webex softphone solution this spring, we invite you to our early adopter program. See what you can gain below.
Find out if the early adopter program is for you…
Benefits & features of the Cisco telephony solution:
- Make phone calls to any number within Canada and the U.S. (international calling plan available on request)
- Quickly look up McGill contacts by name or email address
- Store external contact numbers within the Webex contact list
- View and listen to recorded voice messages (recorded messages also sent to your Outlook Inbox)
- Simple Webex calling interface allows you to put party on hold, transfer and add multiple participants
- Set up call forwarding or “Single number reach” to answer your calls wherever you’re working.
Learn more about the Telephone Evolution Project, including FAQs, timeline and resources at: