As of March 30, 2015, all faculty and staff have access to Microsoft OneDrive for Business, providing 1 Terabyte of FREE file space on which to store both non-work related files and some* work-related files. Now you can:
- Access your files from anywhere – on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices.
- Share files with friends and colleagues.
- Use the web-based interface on any platform, or use integration points with Office 2013 applications on Windows and mobile devices.
- Store files with confidence - McGill’s contract with Microsoft respects the privacy laws of Quebec and Canada, and protects your intellectual property.
* IMPORTANT: New Cloud Data Storage Directive *
With all cloud-based services, there are inherent security risks; therefore, McGill has introduced a new Cloud Data Storage Directive to dictate the types of data that can be stored on cloud services such as OneDrive.
Before using OneDrive, please familiarize yourself with this new directive and its implications. See Cloud Data Storage Directive.
- Find out more about OneDrive, and read the FAQs to get started.
- View the official Cloud Data Storage Directive, available from the Secretariat’s website.
- View the companion document on the Directive with supporting annotations in the IT Knowledge Base.
- Watch the online video training to see how the new Directive applies to OneDrive.