McGill IT Services Pledges to Support National Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2018 as a Champion
McGill IT Services is proud to announce that for a second year in a row it has become a Champion of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
We will be joining a growing global effort among businesses, government agencies, colleges and universities, associations, nonprofit organizations and individuals to promote the awareness of online safety and privacy.
Cybersecurity Awareness Month
An internationally recognized campaign held annually in October, Cybersecurity Awareness Month was created as a collaborative effort between government and industry. The objective of this initiative is to provide all digital citizens with the resources needed to stay safer and more secure online while also protecting their personal information. As an official Champion, IT Services is committed to cybersecurity, online safety and privacy.
Learn more about how to stay safe online at the following events:
- October 11, 1:00 – 2:00pm | Online
EDUCAUSE Live! Webinar
Campus-Wide Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Saturation Campaign
- October 19, 11:30am – 1:00pm | Bridge that connects the Redpath and McLennan library buildings
McGill's Information Security team will be on hand to promote the importance of protecting personal data and answer questions related to cyber security.
- October 26, 11:30am – 2:00pm | New Residence Hall, 3625 Parc Avenue
McGill Employee Health Fair
Come visit the IT Services booth and learn more about our cyber-hygiene initiatives.
- October 29 & 30, 1:30 – 3:00pm & 7:00 – 9:00pm | Centre Mont-Royal, 1000 Sherbrooke Street West
2018 Trottier Public Science Symposium
Minding the Future: Living in a High-Tech World
- October 31, 11:30am – 1:00pm | 680 Sherbrooke West, Lobby
Join IT Services on Halloween and learn more about the very real cyber security threats that haunt us throughout the year and learn how to protect yourself from things that go bump on the web.
- Sign up for SANS online training: complete 3 key cybersecurity modules and score 100% on the quizzes to be entered in a draw for lunch for two at the McCord Museum ($100 value).
- Review our Stay Safe Online and Strong Password Guidelines.
- Follow us on Twitter, Yammer and LinkedIn.
- Bookmark the Get Cyber Safe website from the Government of Canada for cyber security resources, tips and tools.