McGill IT Services has developed an online course to provide our community with guidance and resources to remain vigilant and resilient in the face of IT security threats. The first module of this course focuses on "phishing", the term used to describe various schemes used to lure unsuspecting people into divulging their personal information. You’ll learn ways to recognize phishing emails and how to identify fraudulent website addresses.
This course is now available to all McGill Students, Faculty and Staff via myCourses, the learning management system. You will need headphones or speakers to hear the audio narration.
To access the course:
- Sign into myCourses (also accessible via the myMcGill portal or from the Quick Links menu at the top of any McGill web page).
- Click on the Register link in the Self-Registration Offerings widget.
- Click the course link, OLC 901 - IT Security Awareness - Phishing, to begin.
- Click Register > Submit > Finish to complete your enrollment.
- The Go to course offering OLC 901 - IT Security Awareness - Phishing link will take you to the course Home.
- If you don't have time to complete the course in one sitting, you can leave at any point and resume the course later. You will find the course under the Ongoing > Training section of your My Courses list.