Target audience: This workshop is intended for space members (McGill staff, students and external users) who will contribute to spaces on the McGill Content Management System, Documentum D2. D2 is used as a document repository and collaboration tool. Key system features include: versioning, full text search, and the standard document check in/check out feature. The workshop also covers the role of the space coordinator.
Duration: 3 hours
Course format: Workshop
Course material: CMS504.pdf (View this material online at any time. You may also print it and bring to the course, although not required. Printed exercises will be distributed at the course.)
The first part of this hands-on workshop will provide an overview of the main features of Documentum D2:
- Login /Logout
- User settings
- Space navigation
- Files (import, view, edit, delete, comment, keywords, subscription, properties)
- View membership
- Search (global, advanced, saved searches)
The second part of this hands-on workshop covers the role of the D2 space coordinator, who is responsible for space membership and permission. The following features are presented:
- View space membership per group.
- Add users or groups to the D2 groups (coordinator, contributor, consumer).
- Remove users or groups from the D2 groups (coordinator, contributor, consumer).
- Manage group permissions
- If required, create a new custom D2 group and assign the appropriate permission to it.
For more information about Content Management System training, please visit article Content Management System Training Courses in the IT Knowledge Base.
To register for this course, please visit the Training Request Form on Minerva (you will first need to log in to Minerva using your McGill Username and McGill Password).