McGill is an exciting place for undergraduates in Science, offering many opportunities for hands-on experience.
An internship allows you to apply knowledge gained from classes to hands-on work situations. Integrating theory with practice will help sharpen your professional skills and prepare you for your career.
Internships help you establish a better sense of your career goals. Paid internships can help finance your education. Upon graduation, many Science interns go on to permanent jobs with their host organizations.
- Students must be full-time undergraduates before and after internship.
- Students must have completed at least 27 credits in their program and should have at least 12 credits remaining in their degree.
- Students' CGPA must be 2.7 or higher.
- International students are encouraged to visit the Science Internship Office.
This paid internship is a zero credit, pass/fail course usually lasting 4 months (minimum work period of 12 weeks). The IP will appear on the studens' transcript as FSCI 200 or FSCI 300.
Upon successful completion of two IP's, students in the Faculty of Science (B.Sc. only) will have the "Internship program" designation added to their transcript.
Internship in Science
- This paid internship lasts 8, 12 or 16 months. This is an academic program open to students in the Faculty of Science. It will be reflected on the students' transcript as "Internship Term - Science".
- Upon successful completion of one IYS, students in the Faculty of Science (B.Sc. only) will have the "Internship program" designation added to their transcript.
Internship and Field Studies Office
Faculty of Science
720 Burnside Hall
805 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0B9
ifso.science [at] mcgill.ca
Science Internship Program website: click here