The Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences offers a wide variety of internships at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Full-time undergraduate students enrolled in the BSc(AgEnvSc), BSc(FSc) and BEng(Bioresource) programs may take advantage of the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Internship Program. This program allows students to choose from many different career-related internships, which may be either paid or unpaid.
- Students who have a CGPA of 2.7 or higher and have completed at least 27 credits can apply for internships.
- Each internship requires students to work full-time for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- Successful completion of the internship will be indicated on student transcripts.
Students majoring in Dietetics in the BSc(NutrSc) program experience forty weeks of professional internships (“stages”) in clinical and community nutrition and food service systems management. These are unpaid credit courses. Successful graduates are qualified for membership in the professional order.
As part of the Concurrent BSc(FSc)/BSc(NutrSc) program, students complete a 12-credit industrial stage in either Food or Nutrition.
At the Graduate Student level, internships are offered in three areas:
- The MSc (Applied) in Biotechnology program includes an internship offering students the opportunity to apply their skills in cellular biology, molecular biology, proteomics, bioinformatics and general biotechnology in a concrete research setting.
- The MSc in Bioresource Engineering (Non-Thesis) – Integrated Water Resources Management Option includes an internship in which students work with a consulting firm or a governmental or non-governmental organization.
- The MSc in Renewable Resources (Non-Thesis) - Environmental Assessment Option includes an internship in which students work with environmental assessment practitioners within a private or public sector institution or organization.
Macdonald Campus Bieler Family Internship Program
Ms. Kendra Gray, Internship Officer
kendra.gray [at] mcgill.ca
BSc(NutrSc), Major in Dietetics
Sandy Phillips, Undergraduate University Coordinator, Professional Practice (Stage)
School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition
sandy.phillips [at] mcgill.ca
Concurrent BSc(FSc)/BSc (NutrSc)
Selim Kermasha, Chair Department of Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry
selim.kermasha [at] mcgill.ca
MSc (Applied) in Biotechnology
Christiane Trudeau, Administrative Coordinator Biotechnology Graduate Programs, Institute of Parasitology
christiane.trudeau [at] mcgill.ca
MSc in Bioresource Engineering (Non-Thesis) – Integrated Water Resources Management Option
Jan Adamowski, IWRM Director
jan.adamowski [at] mcgill.ca