UNWFP, the United Nations World Food Programme, uses food aid to support economic and social development; meet emergency food needs and promote world food security in accordance with the recommendations of the United Nations and FAO.
The UNWFP Panama is currently recruiting a McGill volunteer in the Communications Unit, for summer 2021.
- Remote volunteering position
- 12 weeks internship between May and August 2021.
- Successful candidates will receive an award issued by the McGill Internship Offices Network, valued at $6,000CAD.
- Must be a McGill full-time undergraduate or graduate (Masters level) student, returning to their current registered faculty in fall 2021.
- Very good knowledge of Spanish (written and oral) mandatory.
Download the volunteering posting: unwfp_communications_volunteer_summer_2021.pdf
Carefully read application instructions before submitting your documents.
Please note: If you are applying to a second degree at McGill and waiting for a response, you must hold a confirmation of acceptance by the application deadline and include it with your application material.
February 15, 2021. 12PM (noon) EST – Late applications will not be accepted.
Please do not email to inquire about the status of your application. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide a full commitment to the internship selection process by the UNWFP and waive any other internship opportunity at this time.
A formal acceptance of an ION internship is a final decision, and under no circumstances (unless health or family-related) can a student withdraw from the internship after accepting. The consequence of this would be refusal of candidature for future ION internship opportunities. Please remember, revoking a spot in one of the organizations means also revoking it from another student who might have had the opportunity to take it.