Synergos is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to the development of sustainable systems changes that impact global poverty. Working with partners, Synergos helps leaders, institutions and partnerships work more effectively to reduce poverty and increase equity around the world. During its 25-year history, Synergos has built and supported networks of change makers and supported innovative global partnerships in more than 30 countries and regions. To promote and support these systems-changing collaborations, Synergos’s networks help leaders and leading institutions learn from each other and access the ideas, people and resources that can help them make a greater impact in addressing issues of poverty, equity and social justice.
Synergos is currently recruiting McGill students for internship positions in the following departments for summer 2021:
- Programs (Philanthropy and Bridging Leadership)
- Human Resources
- Executive Office
The positions will be:
- Remote internship positions
- 12 weeks internships between May and August 2021
- Full-time (35 hours a week)
- Successful candidates will receive an award issued by the McGill Internship Offices Network, valued at $6,000CDN.
- Must be a McGill full-time undergraduate student, returning to their registered faculty in fall 2021.
- Must fulfill the Internship Offices Network requirements post-internship. For more information download the ION Intern Handbook on this page.
Download the internship posting: SYNERGOS Summer 2021
Carefully read application instructions before submitting your documents.
Please note: If you are applying to a second degree at McGill and waiting for a response, you must hold a confirmation of acceptance by the application deadline and include it with your application material.
February 15, 2021, 12PM (noon) Eastern Time - Late applications will not be accepted.
Please do not email to inquire about the status of your application. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide a full commitment to the internship selection process by Synergos and waive any other internship opportunity at this time.
A formal acceptance of an ION internship is a final decision, and under no circumstances (unless health or family-related) can a student withdraw from the internship after accepting. The consequence of this would be refusal of candidature for future ION internship opportunities. Please remember, revoking a spot in one of the organizations means also revoking it from another student who might have had the opportunity to take it.