The Pathy Foundation Fellowship is a community-focused experiential learning opportunity for graduating students from McGill University and four other partner universities, to become active and effective change-makers, working closely with communities to foster sustainable and positive social change.
The Fellowship provides professional leadership training and support for fellows to lead a community development project anywhere in the world.
As a fellow, you will enhance your:
- Professional development skills: Learn how to pitch, plan, budget, implement, evaluate and report on a socially-innovative project. You will develop as a leader and gain valuable connections and in-demand skills as you kick start your career.
- Personal growth: With personal leadership coaching you will tap into and enhance your capacities as an individual and leader. You will face and overcome personal and professional challenges, building competencies that will serve you for life.
- Community engagement: You will learn how to find creative solutions to community priorities and issues. You will connect with other change-makers and develop new professional and personal networks.
- Successful candidates will receive up to $40,000 in funding
- Applicants must be McGill graduating, full-time students who will complete their final course requirements within this year's eligibility window (I.e. AFTER last year's Fellowship start date and BEFORE this year's Fellowship start date. Pathy operates on a June to June cycle. to check annual program start dates, please see the program schedule).
- Eligibility is based on your end of studies date, not on your convocation date.
- If you have already finished your studies (before the current cohort's program date) you are not eligible to apply. If you complete your final course work after the start date of this year's program, you are eligible to apply for next year's cycle. In this case, you are encouraged to fill out an Expression of Interest on the Pathy website.
- Applicants must be permanent residents, or Canadian citizens, under the age of 30.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- The capacity and potential to develop as effective change-agents
- A meaningful connection with a community of their choosing anywhere in the world
- An innovative idea of how this community could be strengthened
- Applications open: September 7, 2021
- Applications deadline: November 11, 2021 at 2:00pm EST
Start your application today! You do not have to finalize it immediately, you can save it and work on it progressively by meeting with ION's and Pathy's advisors.
For more information, please contact ion [at] mcgill.ca