Campaign for Female Education (CAMFED) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization dedicated to eradicating poverty in Africa through the education of girls and the empowerment of young women. CAMFED programs operate in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Ghana, Tanzania and Malawi. CAMFED USA operates as a communications and fundraising hub and works closely with offices in Africa to support the development and management of grants, as well as the management of CAMFED’s partnership with the online lending platform, Kiva
CAMFED San Francisco is recruiting one McGill student for the remote position of Microfinance and Development Intern:
- Remote internship position
- 12 weeks internship between May and August 2021
- 3 to 4 days a week from 9AM to 5:50PM (flexible)
- Successful candidates will receive an award issued by the McGill Internship Offices Network, valued at $3,800 to $5,000CAD.
To be eligible for this internship opportunity you must
- Be a McGill full-time undergraduate or graduate (Masters level) student, returning to their current registered faculty in fall 2021
- Fulfill the Internship Offices Network requirements post-internship. For more information download the ION Intern Handbook on this page.
- Be a citizen of Canada or the United States
Download the internship posting: CAMFED USA Summer 2021
Carefully read the application instructions before submitting your documents.
Please note: If you are applying to a second degree at McGill and waiting for a response, you must hold a confirmation of acceptance by the application deadline and include it with your application material.
February 15, 2021, 12PM (noon) Eastern Time - Late applications will not be accepted.
Please do not email to inquire about the status of your application. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide a full commitment to the internship selection process by CAMFED and waive any other internship opportunity at this time.
A formal acceptance of an ION internship is a final decision, and under no circumstances (unless health or family-related) can a student withdraw from the internship after accepting. The consequence of this would be refusal of candidature for future ION internship opportunities. Please remember, revoking a spot in one of the organizations means also revoking it from another student who might have had the opportunity to take it.