The applications for summer 2022 are now closed. For information about the CBC Gzowski Internship for summer 2023, please contact CaPS at careers.caps [at] mcgill.ca
CaPS (McGill’s central Career Services) supports students across campus in their career development, search for relevant internships and work experiences and transition to work/further education.
About the internship:
In honour of journalist and broadcaster Peter Gzowski, CBC Radio has created an internship program for university students in his name. McGill University students in the final year of their program are eligible to apply.
The Gzowski interns will each receive training in the basics of journalism, radio and online production. McGill interns will be placed with CBC Radio Montreal to learn about the craft of making great radio. Interns will contribute to local radio programs and online content such as Daybreak, Radio Noon, or Let’s go, and usually do a range of duties including researching, writing, interviewing, and sound gathering.
CBC Montreal is a local newsroom. Candidates should have a strong interest in local news, and an involvement and/or interest in Montreal's communities.
The internship is paid.
CBC is looking for candidates who:
- Are double vaccinated. (CBC Radio requirement for all CBC workers).
- Have a working knowledge of French: for example, candidates should be able to request information from a source in French, to translate information received in French, to watch a news conference in French and comprehend the details, etc.
- Work well in a team.
- Demonstrate a high degree of creativity.
- Are curious about the world.
- Are engaged in their communities.
- Can imagine themselves one day working for the public broadcaster.
- Want to be part of a diverse and inclusive newsroom.
- Graduating McGill students
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents must have a valid work permit by the start of the internship period.
The application process for summer 2023 will be updated.
For all information, please contact CaPS at careers.caps [at] mcgill.ca