Established in 2018 by the Class of Law 1992, in memory of their classmate, Nathan Schipper (BCL '92, LLB '92), to help students gain firsthand experience related to their fields of study. For one or more undergraduate students enrolled in the Faculty of Law participating in an internship. Awarded by the Faculty of Law to help defray travel and accommodation expenses related to the internship. Preference will be given to students interning in Israel.
The Nathan Schipper Internship Award is open to students in the BCL/JD program in the Faculty of Law. Students must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be returning to McGill in fall 2020.
- Must hold an acceptance to undertake an international summer internship.
- Must have a minimum CGPA of 2.7.
To apply, please submit one (1) PDF document comprising the following documents via email to ion [at] mcgill.ca:
- A cover letter highlighting how the internship will compliment your academic experience, further your career objectives, and offer you valuable international experience.
- A curriculum vitae.
- An unofficial copy of your academic transcript.
- A copy of acceptance to your internship (email confirmation will be accepted).
Applicants should use the following file-name format: firstname.lastname_NathanSchipperAward. ION will only consider applications received from students’ official e-mail account.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, March 1, 2020, 11:59 PM, EST - Late applications will not be accepted.
Jeremy Lieberman, BCL/JD
Jeremy Lieberman has recently completed his first year at McGill Law. Thanks to the generous benefactors of the Nathan Schipper Award, Jeremy has been interning at Heskia-Hacmun law firm in Tel Aviv this summer. As a member of the firm’s litigation team, Jeremy has been keeping busy working on an array of contractual and tort lawsuits. This requires drafting factums, researching and developing defenses, preparing cross-examinations, and of course learning copious amounts of Hebrew “legalese”. He is very grateful to the donors and recommends a summer in Tel Aviv to all law students.