The McGill Undergraduate Internship Fund is an award designated to help partially fund McGill undergraduate students from any faculty pursuing an international summer internship. These opportunities are designed to help students bridge their academic studies with real-world professional experiences. As such, students acquire a first-rate education with a curriculum informed by leading pedagogical practices that emphasize creative and experiential learning.
Recipients of the McGill Undergraduate Internship Fund are expected to give back to the McGill community by sharing their experience with their peers upon return to McGill. This provides the opportunity for the recipients to reflect on their experience and how it has contributed to their academic growth, and act as mentors for future interns.
Award value: $3,000 - $6,000
Note: Research internships in an academic setting are not eligible for the McGill Undergraduate Internship Fund.
Learn more about the 2017 recipients. Click here.
How to Apply
The McGill Undergraduate Internship Fund is open to students in all faculties. Students must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be returning to McGill in the semester following the international activity.
- Must hold an acceptance to undertake an international summer internship.
- Must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
Students must submit electronic applications by email to ion [at] mcgill.ca. Applications should consist of 1 PDF or Word document comprising the following:
- A cover letter highlighting how the internship will compliment your academic experience, further your career objectives, and offer you valuable international experience. A plan for housing while abroad should also be included.
- A curriculum vitae.
- An unofficial copy of your academic transcript.
- A copy of acceptance to your internship, with a description of your internship duties and office/fieldwork location information.
Please use the following file-name format: firstname.lastname_application (ex.: james.mcgill_application.pdf). Only applications received from students’ official email account will be considered.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The McGill Internship Offices Network is not accepting applications for this award in 2019.