Established in 2016 by Katherine E. Petcher (BA ’87, BCL ’92, LLB ’92) and Brett A. Carron (BCL ’95, LLB ’95) for undergraduate students in the Faculty of Law to take the initiative to gain practical experience during their studies and to provide opportunities for students to broaden their horizons. Awarded by the Faculty of Law to a BCL/LLB student undertaking an international internship, with preference being given to internships in Burkina Faso and second preference being given to internships in West Africa. The recipient of the award must agree to disclose his/her personal information to the donor, including name, educational history, and internship destination. This award is part of the McGill International Experience Awards. For more information, click here.
The Katherine Petcher & Brett Carron Internship Award is open to students in the BCL/LLB program in the Faculty of Law. Students must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be returning to McGill in fall 2019.
- Must hold an acceptance to undertake an international summer internship
- Must have a minimum CGPA of 2.7.
To apply, please submit the following documents via email to ion [at] mcgill.ca:
- A cover letter highlighting how the internship will compliment your academic experience, further your career objectives, and offer you valuable international experience.
- A curriculum vitae.
- An unofficial copy of your academic transcript.
- A copy of acceptance to your internship (email confirmation will be accepted).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications closed for 2019.
Guillaume Lebrun-Petel, BCL/LLB
Guillaume just finished his second year at the Faculty of Law. This summer, he will be interning at the Rencontre africaine pour la défense des droits de l’Homme (RADDHO), a NGO based in Dakar, Senegal. At the RADDHO, Guillaume will be working on human rights issues relating to children, namely child labour and sexual exploitation in Africa. In parallel to his internship, Guillaume will start doing work for the McGill Law Journal and for the McGill Journal of Law and Health as an editor. He also aims to join a running club in Dakar.