Administered by the Faculty of Arts Internship Office
Intended for students entering the final year of their undergraduate programs, this award enables students to carry out a summer internship with a host organization. IPLAI has partnered with an excellent group of Montreal-based, Toronto-based and International organizations interested in arts, social policy and public engagement. Selected interns would be matched with host based on placement availability and student interests. See list below of past partner organizations.
- Value: $2000 to $2500 each
- Duration: minimum of 150 hours, between 1 May and 31 August
- Number of awards available: 4 (2 for Faculty of Arts students, 2 for all other faculties)
- Studying as an undergraduate student in any faculty
- Must be returning to McGill in the fall semester following the summer internship
Applicants should have a keen interest in inter-disciplinarity and the function and relevance of humanities scholarship beyond the academy. The internships will include an element of practical training and experience, but will focus on opportunities for intellectual development.
Internship postings can be found here (Atelier Celadon, Laboratory of Urban Culture, Suoni Per Il Popolo Festival and Teesri Dunya Theatre).
Applicants should submit complete the Online Application Form.